Kalkhoff Agattu i7 HS E-Bike White
The Kalkhoff Agattu i7 HS E-Bike is a super comfortable, German engineered, fully equipped e-bike is designed to take the strain out of cycling, leaving you to enjoy the freedom and the fun.
Impulse 2 power-assist
Impulse 2 is Kalkhoff's own Centre Drive system, designed and manufactured in Germany where Kalkhoff are respected as the number one manufacturer of electric trekking/hybrid bikes. That's a significant accolade when you consider that Germany is Europe's biggest, fastest growing and most discerning eBike market.
The Impulse 2 drive unit is mounted at bottom bracket level (the strongest part of any bike) to power the crank (in contrast with most e-bikes which are front or rear wheel hub drive).
- Most riders find Centre Drive power assist feels more natural than a hub-drive system.
- With the motor low down at bottom bracket level at the bike's mid point, the bike feels better balanced than an e-bike with the motor on the front or rear hub.
- With its lower centre of gravity a Centre Drive e-bike feels more stable.
- The battery is neatly integrated behind the frame seat tube.
- Wheel fitting/removal is much easier when the motor is central rather than wheel driven.
- Up to 150km range.
- Shift-sensor technology - the power assist cuts out for a fraction of a second when you change gear to prevent the jarring that can occur when you shift under load.
- 70Nm torque.
- The classy Impulse bar mount computer has an easy to read LCD display so you can keep an eye on battery level, power mode, speed, trip distance and odometer.
- The Impulse battery will be good for over 1,000 charge cycles.
- Durable, puncture resistant Schwalbe 700x38 tyres.
- Fitted with full mudguards, pannier rack, chainguard and kickstand.
- The front dynamo hub powers the high quality front and rear LED lights, so no light batteries to replace or recharge.
- Unlike some dynamo systems, the lights have a standlight feature, so they stay on when you stop at the traffic lights.